Friday 12 October 2012

The One I Yanked

One of these stories
behaves like the other.

I was with my brother
in west Edmonton mall,
went off on my own
to a lingerie store,
bought you an outfit
that made my hands sweat
at the thought of you in it.
It stayed in the box for two years.

I went to Vegas with work,
indulging free whiskey and beer,
and vodka shots with the Russians
at 3 in the morning.
I called you just as
you were leaving for work.
I haven't been to bed,
I'm still drunk, I said
but hell, this is Vegas.
Fuck off you pig,
and you slammed down the phone.

One of these stories
behaves like the other.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you decided to put it back in. Though you never have to post a poem if you don't want to, it builds your courage when you do. The more I post the more courageous I become. May you feel courageous in posting your poetry.

    ReplyDelete